Meaning: Emma comes from Germanic element ermen meaning “whole” or “universal”, originally used as a short form of names that began with it.
Em is an obvious nickname for Emma, but it’s such a short name to begin with Emma doesn’t really need any nicknames.
- Emmalyn (a combination of Emma with the lyn suffix)
- Ema (Spanish, Portuguese, Slovene, Czech, Slovak, Croatian)
- Ima (Dutch, Ancient Germanic)
- Irma (German, English, Dutch, Finnish, Spanish, Italian, Georgian, Lithuanian, Hungarian, Ancient Germanic)
- Erma (English)
- Emmy (English)
- Emmie (English)
- Emmott/Emmot (a medieval diminutive of Emma)
- Emmett (the masculine form of Emma)