Frey is a variant of Freyr, the name of the Norse god of fertility and the weather, and the twin brother of Freya, as well as the husband of Gerd, a frost giantess, for whom he gave up a magical sword just to be with her though, without it, he will be killed during Ragnorak. His name comes from Proto-Germanic *frawjaz meaning “lord”.
- Freyr (Norse mythology, Icelandic)
- Frej (Danish, Swedish, German)
- Freya (Norse mythology, English)
- Freyja (Norse mythology, Icelandic)
- Freja (Danish, Swedish, German)
- Frea (Norse mythology)
- Frøya (Norwegian)