Miho is a Croatian male name, a short form of Mihovil, the Croatian form of Michael, or Mihael, the Croatian and Slovene form of Michael, a Hebrew male name meaning “who is like God?”, a rhetorical question implying there is no one like God. Miho is also a Japanese female name with a variety of meanings depending on the kanji used:
- “beauty; beautiful+ ear; ear (grain); head; crest (wave)” (美穂);
- “reality; truth + ear; ear (grain); head; crest (wave)” (実穂);
- “beauty; beautiful + protect; guarantee; keep; preserve; sustain; support” (美保);
- “un-; not yet; hitherto; still; even now; sign of the ram; 1-3PM; eighth sign of Chinese zodiac + walk; counter for steps” (未歩);
- “beauty; beautiful + sail” (美帆);
- “beauty; beautiful + walk; counter for steps” (美歩);
- “inspection; regard as; see; look at + ear; ear (grain); head; crest (wave)” (視穂).
Another varient of the name is Mihoko which has the -ko suffix (子) meaning “child”.
Written in hiragana it’s みほ.
Origin: Hebrew, Japanese
- Mihoko (Japanese)