Kanasa is a Japanese female name with a multitude of meanings depending on the kanji used:
- kanasa 愛 “love, affection” (愛);
- ka 佳 “beautiful, good; excellent” + na 奈 “Nara; what?” + sa 咲 “blossom; bloom” (佳奈咲);
- kana 金 “gold” + sa 佐 “aid; help” (金佐);
- kana 奏 “to play music; speak to a ruler; complete, achieve; report, memorial” + sa 沙 “sand” (奏沙);
- ka 佳 “beautiful, good; excellent” + na 奈 “Nara; what?” + sa 紗 “silk gauze; gossamer” (佳奈紗).
There are likely other meanings depending on the kanji used. In hiragana it’s written asかなさ.Kana can also be used on its own as a given name in Japan.