Ryou (also spelled Ryō) is a Japanese unisex name with a variety of meanings depending on the kanji used:
- ryou 涼 “refreshing; nice, cool” (涼);
- ryou 遼 “distant; far” (遼);
- ryou 諒 “reality; fact” (諒);
- ryōu 凌 “endure; keep (rain) out + u 羽 “feather; plume; wing” (B);
- ryou 椋 “dragon; imperial”;
- ryou 椋 “type of a deciduous tree”, also known as a scabrous aphananthe or a muku tree, found in Asia;
- ryou 燎 “burn; bonfire”.
There are other meanings depending on the kanji used. Written in hiragana it’s りょう.
- Ryo (Japanese)
- Ryō (Japanese)