Leili is a variant form of Leila, an Arabic female name meaning “night” as well as being the Estonian form of the name.
- Leila (Arabic, Persian, English, Georgian)
- Layla (Arabic, English)
- Laila (Arabic, English)
- Leyla (Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Azerbaijani, English)
- Lejla (Bosnian)
- Leilah (English)
- Lyla (English)
- Lila (English)
Seiya is a Japanese male name with a variety of meanings depending on the kanji used. Some meanings I could find are: 世哉 “world, generation”; 星矢 “star, planet, heavenly body + arrow”; 清耶 “clear, distinct, apparent, pure + father”; 正夜 “correct, righteous + night”; 生八 “life, existence, being + eight”; 成也 “to become, to succeed, accomplish + to be, also, too”; 声弥 “voice + extensive, full, complete”; 盛哉 “prosper”; 聖野 “holy, sacred + area, field”; 世乎 “world, generation + seem to, as if”; 西椰 “west + coconut tree”; 征椰 “conquer, subdue, vanquish + coconut tree”. Though there are likely many more meanings than this.
Meaning: Elena is a cognate of Helen, the English form of Helene, a name of uncertain etymology though it could be related to Greek helene meaning “torch” or “corposant”, though it might also be linked to selene meaning “moon”.
Elena is also a variant transcription of Yelena, which is the Russian form of Helen.
- Elene (Georgian)
- Helen (Greek, English, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish)
- Helena (German, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Icelandic, Portuguese, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Finnish, Estonian, Slovene, Croatian, English)
- Helene (English, German, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish)
- Elin (Scandinavian, Welsh, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish)
- Elina (Finnish, Swedish)
- Ileana (Romanian, Spanish, Italian)
- Yelena (Russian)
- Eleni (Modern Greek)
- Elaine (Old French form of Helen)